Tuesday, November 27, 2018

So this is a dev blog now, I guess?

Look, I'm awful at blogging. It's not even hard for me to admit. I'm in love with writing, but holy cow am I bad at it. So I don't know how to make this statement read as dramatic as I imagine it is; from now on I'm going to be writing about game development. 

I've been a game designer for a good few years now, but just recently I've decided to just get into it and make games for myself. If I can get a few people to play them that's awesome, but really all I want is to make something that's totally mine. 
I've been writing a journal - well, it's more like a messy bunch of notes - to help me as I try to make a prototype, because this is also my first steps in coding. I figured that maybe putting all those jumbled thoughts in this blog, which was just sitting here gathering dust anyway, was not a shabby idea. So there you have it. Hopefully this will also help push me to working on my stuff more regularly.

Honestly? I have no idea how this will go. I'm not kidding at all when I say I'm bad at writing. I could persuade myself that I'm occasionally not crappy at putting words together, but planning out posts, editing them and making them interesting for someone else takes so much out of me that I'm not sure I can do it on a regular basis. But I'm going to try. Trying counts, I think. And I love games and game-making so much, writing about it CAN'T be that hard, right? 

First post will be up soon. Don't know what it'll be about, but game development will DEFINITELY MAYBE be a part of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment